Wednesday, 21 April 2010
The Penguin Manifesto
Here's a brief outline of the sort of manifesto that The Ranting Penguin would stand on.
1. Leave the EUSSR
2. Dismantle ALL quangos.
3. Cut number of MPs and Lords to 400 each house. Total transparency, no "allowances". No second jobs or "outside interests". All ministers barred from employment of any sort for 5 years after stepping down / being sacked and getting basic state pension during this period.
4. Scrap the BBC Licence Fee completely.
5. Simplify the tax system drastically.
6. Life sentences would be just that. All sentences to be served in full.
7. Householders specifically allowed to use any degree of violence agianst intruders.
8. Drop ID cards and the NHS database and similar big brother IT schemes.
9. Scrap speed cameras.
10. Bring back selective education by ability, and the cane. Scrap all SATs and league tables.
11. Repeal the Dunblane gun ownership laws.
12. Net immigration to be capped at ZERO with USA style green-card system for specific bona fide jobs.
13. No bail for any previously convicted criminals, or for any serious offence.
14. Zero tolerance policing with regard to anti-social behaviour.
15. Deport ALL illegals and failed asylum seekers - only ONE appeal and at own expense over asylum.
16. Rip out 60% of the managers and admin staff from the NHS, give control back to the doctors.
17. Have the "economically inactive" work for their benefits on community projects such as litter-picking.
18. Make prison both an effective deterrent and an opportunity to reform.
19. Drop the Human Rights nonsense.
20. Huge bonfire of red tape and Health and Safety bollocks.
Just a start.
Posted by Hacked Off at 13:03